Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sheraton Noosa Resort And Spa. Reviewed: August 2009. #2645

Unfortunately we were given a room on level 3 and the room and the whole wing had a strong damp odour. The room was quite dark and the smell was so unpleasant I spoke to the reception staff later on our first afternoon to advise them of this. The female staff member who spoke to me was very blunt and said we'll send someone with a vaporiser to deodorise your room. I asked if there were any other rooms we could be moved to and advised that I had a migraine and didn't want to smell chemical smells and she said no, that I would need to speak to the maintenance person when he arrived.

The 'vaporiser' was delivered after half an hour and I was told it would give off a smell but that it shouldn't be too strong. We put up with the smell and the room for the night with no improvement and the next morning I again spoke to reception staff to advise that the odour was a definite issue and that I was quite unhappy with the room.

Continued from above review: That female staff member was much more polite and considerate and offered to change our room to one on level 5. The room was much nicer, much brighter and had no damp odour.

We were on a very short break with only 2 nights in Noosa and had spent the Friday night at the Quay West Apartments in Brisbane so it was very disappointing to have payed more to stay at the Sheraton and to be stuck in such an awful room for 1/2 our stay.

You can book hotels and much more accommodation online.

No comments:

Post a Comment